Okay, so we all like to check for progress every now and then right? It’s not bad. However, I have noticed that most people get carried away with the length checks and become obsessed with the desire for length. We all want long hair but we must take time to enjoy the natural hair journey.
Growth differs in every individual and comparing your growth to others will just leave you stressed out. Whilst it’s good to check your progress after a couple of months you have to ensure the health of your hair in order to actually get some progress. It’s easier to retain the length of healthy hair. I’d advise anyone on this journey to focus on the overall health of their kinky crown.
Love your hair, enjoy the journey and growth will be imminent. Natural hair is more than just a trend!!! Get the right products for you and stick to them, follow a set regimen and enjoy each and every stage of your hair journey. I am somewhere between the twa stage and the awkward stage but I am embracing the phase I am in and loving my journey nonetheless. So instead of being obsessed with length and doing constant length checks take time to love your hair the way it is ensuring you keep it healthy. The length should be a bonus.
You can follow some of these tips to ensure you maintain healthy hair and retain as much length as possible:
1. Lightly oiling your scalp with a natural oil
2. Massage your scalp daily
3. Avoid daily manipulation of hair
4.Avoid pulling your scalp and edges
5. Use the LOC method or it’s variations to moisturize your hair
6. Clarify your hair
7. Seal your ends
8. Opt for natural hair colour like henna and avoid chemical dyes
9. Pre-poo using oils
10. Dry hair using a t-shirt
11.Use a wide tooth comb
12.Sleep in a satin or silk scarf
15.Deep condition hair regularly
16. Do protein treatments once a month
17. Practice the baggy method once or twice a week to keep hair moisturised
18. Find products and a regimen that works for you and stick to it
19. Stop obsessing about length, be patient
20. Lastly, love your hair!
Happy hair growing naturalistas💜